Sunday, April 25, 2010

Poetry and Gonzales


Hello,

I'm in the process of compiling some more amazing photographs for the next photography feature. It should be up over the next day or two. Here are some more of my poems and also this. It puts me in a trance everytime I listen to it. dreeeeeam.



If

Mundane everyday from my bed
Float around, I don’t exist
Except in thoughts of your kiss
Laughter echoes through the hall
Fall back asleep to escape
We’re driving in the dark
We’re tumbling through the streets
Our noses touch accidentally
Surprise, a kiss
Five years wondering if
I could feel again the way I do
Exquisite pain is pure joy
We’re alive
Must wake up
I’m alive only in memories
Since coming home I play pretend
We’re here, there, unaware
Girls don’t feel
Must wake up
No more thinking if



Marionette

Marionette on the window-sill
Cobwebs on his strings
Glass eyes,
I swear I see something there
Everyday I visit and bring him gifts
Birdsong, freckles and trinkets
We're happy when the sun shines in
Lights up his eyes and warms his skin
He'll never laugh or cry or sneeze,
 Learn to swim or graze his knees
Or wash away original sin
But he's happy when the sun shines in



Compact

Not going to think
Not going to contact
I can fold up so small
Hide in impossible places
Lock all my secrets
Away in a paper box
Trapped in a blue balloon
Just out of a child’s reach
Step into a muddy puddle
And disappear
Cold green ribbons between my toes
Collect pictures and cut them up
Assembly of loves lost




That's all for now.


x


1 comment:

  1. green ribbons between my toes x love it from maria

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...