Friday, October 15, 2010

Timothy Karpinski

I'm really liking Timothy Karpinski's work at the moment, I find his style peaceful and really delicate. I discovered him a while back as he runs the Together Gallery with Mark Warren Jacques who I'm also a big fan of. Karpinski grew up near the Appalachian Trail in the woods of New Jersey. He now lives and works in Portland, Oregon. He spends much of his time building forts, damming streams, skateboarding and making art. Inspiration also comes from his love of music, typography, gardening, children’s books, graffiti, and his love of nature and science. All of these elements are reflected in his work.

“From a young age I’ve always been making things. Building forts turned into building skate ramps which lead to building art installations. I love the art making process, from the initial spark of the ‘idea’, the creation to the finished product. Art for me is very personal and everything i make is a direct reflection on my feelings about this world and my struggle and fascination with trying to understand it and find my purpose within it.”

Check out his website: http://timothykarpinski.com



Timothy Karpinski: Thinkspace Gallery from lauren Graham on Vimeo.










That's all for now,



x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...